Home General Discussion

Polycount Minecraft Server Reboot

Hey Polycount,

I've decided to give a little back to this awesome community. The old MC server run by r13 has been, as far as I can tell, permanently shut down. So, I've decided to lend my spare CPU cycles to picking it back up again. I've tested with Eric Chadwick and everything seems to be working smoothly. I want to make it a FTB server, because frankly vanilla gets old pretty quickly these days. So I want to know what you guys want to play!

There's several FTB packs out for 1.6.4, and I'll explain a bit what each is good for. The poll will decide the winner, and I'll have the server running 24/7 with whatever pack y'all decide.

Monster: The flagship pack of FTB, it has over 150 mods. It is currently in early beta, and it's not 100% stable at the moment. Its stability will improve over time, but the FTB creators have warned that the changes from beta to final may require a world reset. Its awesomeness may be worth it.
Full mod list.

Horizons: A showcase of newer, perhaps less-well-known mods. It has a little over 100 mods, but is notably lacking mods such as Buildcraft and IndustrialCraft2. No portal gun. This is the only modpack compatible with Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders.
Full mod list.

Direwolf20: Includes all the popular mods, but few newer ones. Comparable to the previous flagship packs like Unleashed and Ultimate.
Full mod list.

As soon as a decision is made (I'll give it a couple of days) I'll get the server up and running. Thanks to this awesome community and Merry Christmas :)