Home Unity

Get location of vertex/poly/attachement? And one more about androids.

I am idiot for unity and honesty, I never even openep it. But before I do I want to have as much info as I can. So answer q please.

Also for creating android games, do I need to dl anything else except unity or not. And for does it have to be done with js or c#, or something else, does it have/can be only one language or its better to do combination of few? I know that this is probably just bunch of stupid questions, and I could use google/utube, but I have rly shitty internet and that probably wont work for me. About first question just answer with yes/no, dont bother with explaining.

Replies

• Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, you need the android sdk installed.

You need to write it in C# or Unity Script. You can mix them, C# gets compiled first, but it can cause issues. Write it all in one language if you can.
  • HammerFist3D2D
    so can I have android sdk with free not pro unity. And does I need internet connection for it, cuz I dont have it. I know I need connection to install unity, or if I dont have it I have to bring some files to someone who have it, is that case and with android sdk?

edit- is it free? or only trial?
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    You can download the android sdk for free and it works with Unity free. Then when it's installed you still need to download and install the right versions (like 4.0,4.1,4.2 etc) with the SDK manager that comes with the package. Then when that's done, I don't think you need internet anymore.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, Android SDK is free, all versions of Unity use it (and everything that gets built for android using any software). You need to download it and then - using the manager it installs - download the packages for whatever version of Android you want to run on. After that, you don't need a net connection.
  • HammerFist3D2D
    When u say version of android u think like android 4.4 or 4.3. Or like android sdk version should match unity version? And if I buy unity pro is android sdk intergrated with it?
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The SDK is separate. Doesn't matter what version of Unity you have.

And yes, the android sdk is done by android version, should be obvious when you download it.
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    yeah Unity version doesn't matter. I meant Android versions in my post. I do recommend to use the newest version of Unity if you can. Older versions of Unity had some issues with newest version of the Android sdk.