Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Feedback Request] Riverside Diorama

Hello there.

I'm a university student, 2nd year, studying game art. A module this year the class was to choose an area to focus on, I chose to create a diorama made with one modular set loosely based on Artyom Vlaskin's concept art.
The feedback that was mentioned will decide how this project went. I'd like to know went was done well, what wasn't, if there is anything else I could have added to this scene.

All feedback is appreciated.

http://www.conceptroot.com/concept-art-gallery/view/1381771885/

The block out
Egq4u6ih.jpg

Final Screenshots
dASBZCfh.jpg

dvPVxjPh.jpg

WOF6KEBh.jpg

FKfNRc8h.jpg

oSFdkGfh.jpg

6CAf3uqh.jpg

Et1tlAHh.jpg

D6rO2Q7h.jpg

hWEY1DSh.jpg

9iPwpKmh.jpg

Replies

• GrungyStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    Hey, looks good so far. I'd say that the terrain could use some variation, it seems a bit flat in some places. For example on that last image it seems as the terrain is completely flat there, some bumps would make it a little more realistic. Also some variation to the actual texture of the terrain would look nice too, mixing in some dirt texture with the grass will get some nice results. But overall its looking good, i'm excited to see some more updates
  • Kgrayson93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess I hadn't been very thorough with the terrain textures, was giving no end of trouble and just wanted the landscape to be done. Will have another go over it, cheers.