Home General Discussion

Original sci fi interior concepts

Hi.
So I am starting a new job early next year and have been told Sci Fi will be the theme. I'm having a lot of trouble finding concept stuff for a small/medium sci fi scene that I can use whilst learning the tricks. I'd also like to keep it for my folio. I LOVE this

fhom.jpg

But I see its already been done here,

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101320

http://www.quixel.se/forum/content.php?154-Friday-Feature-Pontus-Ryman

does anyone have any secret sites with sci-fi art hiding in the corners of google I cant find in a whole days searching?

Thanks

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    To a degree, everything has been done before.
    Why not take the concept and run with it. Make it into more than just a replica of one hallway.
    Maybe carry the theme behind that closed door at the end.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    a small tip on making "Unique" Paneling, I have is I take pictures of circuit boards then to quick paintovers in manga studio lol

DSC_0061.jpg~original

scifidoorconcept.jpg~original

latestconcept.jpg~original

I think you get the idea,im aware my photo bashed concept is not great, im not a concept artist but its a quick way I find to get techy designs and shapes, which you can refine and base things off.
  • gartht3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys

@ ExcessiveZero
    Thats definately a unique way of getting detail. I'll try it out

@ Valias
    The version on the quixel site is pretty much exactly how I would of done it, so I decided to not go with this concept and found this

ijn1.jpg

This looks like a nice combination of modularity and composition. Was not easy to find these images. Waiting for artist to allow me to 3D it in UDK.

Cheers
  • Chris Krüger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should have a look at Chris Foss and Ron Cobb's "old stuff", which is really awesome by they way :)
  • marks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    Syd Mead has some pretty cool concepts kicking around, also Ben Proctor. Philip Messina, Steve Burg and Arthur Max too.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    thing is a corridor has been done to death... as has loading bay/hangar etc... maybe take a style you like and apply it to something else to give your peice that different factor and also show skills at adapting a concept to other needs, its very common to have to use concepts as mood pieces for un-concepted areas

what about a toilet done in that style, or a recreation room with a pingpong table in, or a utility room with washer and dryers in...