• BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
  • Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    i guess you have mirrored uvs? are the morrored uvs on the same uv space? If so move them out by one unit.
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox wrote: »
    i guess you have mirrored uvs? are the morrored uvs on the same uv space? If so move them out by one unit.

Mirror uv was one of the factor . It rendered the wrong lighting i want . However , the correct lighting part still remain shitty . Any idea ? Some one mentioned regarding smoothing group conflict with uv but i have no idea what isit
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Problem solved , found out it was actually projection problem . The metallic surface differ in each angle .
  • jamesman5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like it but, it's a bit flat try to add depth with straps and spade you could slope the blade abit
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like it but, it's a bit flat try to add depth with straps and spade you could slope the blade abit

alright . I will do it in photoshop :D
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • jamesman5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool man i like the design but couple of suggestions you should try to make the straps go "around" the whole blade

and you could also try to put a better transition between the top part and the metal part maybe make it look like it's indented or some thing
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    may i know which top part are u referring to ? :D
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bump for awareness . I need advice and feedback regarding my comment
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    Hey! couple things here.
    Dont draw light on it, do ambient occlusion, if you dont know what that is, google it, its quite easy to do in most 3d packages, or if you feel comfortable enough in photoshop you can always try to fake it. it will make the shape you are trying to sell way more evident.

It would be nice to see a screenshot with normal maps if you have any. they are the ones that really show your details, the geometry is part of the silhouette (sp?) but the textures and masks are what are really gonna sell what you do. So put a lot more time in that. if you are going to keep the wraps arround the weapon, be sure that they are sticking out enough from the outline of the metal to be worth it, in any other case, delete the geometry and draw em on the texture! gl
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai wrote: »
    Hey! couple things here.
    Dont draw light on it, do ambient occlusion, if you dont know what that is, google it, its quite easy to do in most 3d packages, or if you feel comfortable enough in photoshop you can always try to fake it. it will make the shape you are trying to sell way more evident.

It would be nice to see a screenshot with normal maps if you have any. they are the ones that really show your details, the geometry is part of the silhouette (sp?) but the textures and masks are what are really gonna sell what you do. So put a lot more time in that. if you are going to keep the wraps arround the weapon, be sure that they are sticking out enough from the outline of the metal to be worth it, in any other case, delete the geometry and draw em on the texture! gl

Wow!! Thx for such a great feedback . I am definitely changing the strips and neon lighting to something else . Regarding the normal map , I am going to change it to something else , but you can take a look here vqx4.png
    Ignore the error :D Cause I gona fix it eventually
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    You could probably manage the UV islands a bit better, from an optimisation perspective, less is better. But even for you (or whoever is texturing this) it will be a lot easier with less (and more logical) islands.

A tutorial like this might help with that: http://www.cgrats.com/uvw-unwrap-tutorial-for-hard-edged-objects.html

These normals seem like they are not providing a huge amount of detail either. You could try and push the high poly a lot further I think.

There are a few other errors that seem to be coming from baking intersecting geometry.
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne wrote: »
    You could probably manage the UV islands a bit better, from an optimisation perspective, less is better. But even for you (or whoever is texturing this) it will be a lot easier with less (and more logical) islands.

A tutorial like this might help with that: http://www.cgrats.com/uvw-unwrap-tutorial-for-hard-edged-objects.html

These normals seem like they are not providing a huge amount of detail either. You could try and push the high poly a lot further I think.

There are a few other errors that seem to be coming from baking intersecting geometry.

Thx for the link!! Haha i have no idea what to add into the sculp actually . Simple is good perhaps?
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    As Reyne said, the normals dont seem to be doing much, and they could use detail, simple is good. but you need better quality in the simple side. i see a lot of different tiny "errors" in your normal map, this could be because you have overlying uvs, or because some polys have flipped normals. also, the blade seems to have some sort of pattern, and its not on the normal map, all those things will help you sell how the weapon looks, plus, theres no normal for the bandages! There are tons of amazing examples of good normal maps here in this forum, id suggest taking a look so you can bring this weapon to the next lvl! gl
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As Reyne said, the normals dont seem to be doing much, and they could use detail, simple is good. but you need better quality in the simple side. i see a lot of different tiny "errors" in your normal map, this could be because you have overlying uvs, or because some polys have flipped normals. also, the blade seems to have some sort of pattern, and its not on the normal map, all those things will help you sell how the weapon looks, plus, theres no normal for the bandages! There are tons of amazing examples of good normal maps here in this forum, id suggest taking a look so you can bring this weapon to the next lvl! gl

thx for the advice!! I actually did thought off runes and scratches , however i idk where should I place them , and I am not really good in this stuff :( . Btw , the pattern I actually done it through Gimp . Hence it will not present in the normal map . Is that alright ?
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    It depends, normal maps and difuse do very different things. if what you want is to show as a simple sticker, you want difuse, which is color, which is gimp... but if you want it to be shown as an emboss or to have some sort of texture, you need a custom normal map.

Id advice you to read more on normal maps! its quite amazing what can be achieved
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It depends, normal maps and difuse do very different things. if what you want is to show as a simple sticker, you want difuse, which is color, which is gimp... but if you want it to be shown as an emboss or to have some sort of texture, you need a custom normal map.

Id advice you to read more on normal maps! its quite amazing what can be achieved

Sry for asking so muuuuuuch question .

Hmmmm , where you you suggest to give emboss ? The color part or the black part ? I am trying to make it looks like some sort of fragment glass texture Like this

Dive_to_the_Heart_(Art)_KHI.png
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    gotcha, well. i made this super fast to give u an idea. you can see the color, normal and what would be plugged into the red channel as a specular map (if you have issues with that, check valves guide to shaders) Again, this is just using the mat cap from zbrush, so its not a normal map, but it gives you an idea on how it should look. the normal map will raise/lower and give detail to your surfaces, while the color just paints them, the specular will tell you where the material will shine, so in this example, it will emboss the crystal parts, give em color and make em shiny!
    amX4xLp.jpg
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gotcha, well. i made this super fast to give u an idea. you can see the color, normal and what would be plugged into the red channel as a specular map (if you have issues with that, check valves guide to shaders) Again, this is just using the mat cap from zbrush, so its not a normal map, but it gives you an idea on how it should look. the normal map will raise/lower and give detail to your surfaces, while the color just paints them, the specular will tell you where the material will shine, so in this example, it will emboss the crystal parts, give em color and make em shiny!
    amX4xLp.jpg

Thx for you hard work!! I shall do some homework on the normal map . Once again thx for your great guidance!
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BUMP FOR AWARENESS AND CRITS . UPDATED!!
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BUMP FOR AWARENESS AND CRITS . UPDATED!!
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message