Home Technical Talk

Max have a similar hotkey to Blenders CTRL+L object select?

Im in biped skinning a character, wondering if theres a similar function to the one in Blender where selecting a vertex of a mesh then hitting CTRL+L selects the entire object.

Replies

• Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    You can switch to element mode (hotkey 5), select the element (all faces should highlight) then while holding control switch back to vertex mode (not sure if you can do ctrl+1, I usually click it).
  • outer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Basically Ive applied a skin modifier (bonespro) to my mesh..

tYP7foY.png

and wish to use a CTRL+L like function to select the entire head and helmet of my character In order to address the weight issues of that area - when previously attempting to select the editable mesh to access the element selection option, a warning came up saying -

'A modifier exists in the stack that depends on topology.. etc
    Are you sure you want to continue?'

I select yes, but then my mesh and rig become misaligned from each other..

xgBvPZ3.png

I continue and select my head and helmet objects via element then detach (as having them selected here still dosnt register as being selected when going back into the bonespro modifier)..

XtA1lP8.png

then have to re apply the bonespro skin modifier and re-assign the bpones to the head which results in the head and helmet being totally misaligned from the body and rig.

rTWrTqI.png

Ive gotta be going about this in a roundabout fashion. Must be some way to select single objects/parts of your character while skinning?