Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cemetery Scene

Hello everyone, My name is Andrea and I'am a udk programmer, in my free time I have fun with 3dmax, photoshop and udk. I would like to show you my scene of a cemetery that I created in 3 days.

They are looking for advice and suggestions to improve it.

Hope you like it.

Cemetery.PNG

Cemetery2.PNG

Cemetery3.PNG

Cemetery4.PNG

Cemetery5.PNG

Cemetery6.PNG

Cemetery7.PNG

Cemetery8.PNG

Cemetery9.PNG

Cemetery10.PNG

Cemetery11.PNG

Replies

• stxtch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stxtch polycounter lvl 5
    Not a bad start especially for such a short time! I would recommend adding a fill light ASAP; purple or pale blue (moonlight) would look good. Otherwise it's difficult to crit when everything is so dark. I suspect the textures are a little flat and I would love to give you some crit on those but it's tough to see them until the lighting is improved. One thing to note is that in the third image the scale could use some work - that barrel is almost the height of the door! Try scaling up that shed significantly and scaling the barrels down a bit too. Also one last presentation note: I would advise against using the watermark you used just for the simple fact that it is the highest point of contrast in each of your images. If you are using watermarks you definitely want them to be subtle and not the first place the eye goes to. Keep going you've got a good start there!

EDIT: Actually you could probably just remove those metal barrels entirely; I don't think they work particularly well with this scene. It seems like you're going for a more 1800s gothic vampire type graveyard and those barrels seem a little too post apocalyptic zombie graveyard. If you ARE going for a post apocalyptic zombie type graveyard then maybe add some more survival type props in that vein and go for more of a yellow/green colour scheme as opposed to an orange/purple. Just my opinion though - as long as you can focus down your art direction you'll be good. :)
  • spaccossa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh thank you very much for your feedback !! You said things absolutely correct .. I will provide to desaturate the sky and color to purple and scale up the shed..
  • spaccossa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spaccossa wrote: »
    Oh thank you very much for your feedback !! You said things absolutely correct .. I will provide to desaturate the sky and color to purple and scale up the shed..

New Screen, Thank you stxtch for the tip!

Cemetery4_Purple.png
  • spaccossa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another Screenshot :

Cemetery5_Purple.PNG
  • spaccossa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final screenshots :

Cemetery_Purple.PNG

Cemetery_Purple.PNG