Home Unreal Engine

Light build : lightmass properties ?

Hi !

Here is the thing

1386765892-buildlight.jpg

These walls have correct 2nd UV channels and they kinda work, but the shadows of the vertical pillars inside the walls somehow seems to bleed on the other side of the planks whand I build the lights in production ; a bleed that doesn't seem to be caused by a bad lightmap layout. I think it might be linked to the lightmass/AO properties of the default world but i can't put the finger on it.

Can somebody help me with this ? I could withdraw the pillars from the full wall, but the destroyed ones need them.
(the bug appears on other lighting and other meshes that share similar shapes : an inside part too close of the outside)

Replies

• Hourences
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hourences polycounter lvl 18
    If it is production only then my guess is it is the AO.
    Turn off the AO simply IMO. I never used that in production levels, due to too slow and issues like these popping up.
    If you want to keep AO, you can also always try to tweak its settings. Found in level properties.
  • JeanValjean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the answer. I've tried again to uncheck all AO settings and nothing changed ^^
    But then I tried other settings I didn't see at first, like the "static lighting level scale" : turns out when I change it to another value the lighting gets better and solves my problem ! It's on 1 by default, and I will tweak the value to get the best compromise, because the shadow becomes very sharp and the sharper it is the longer it takes to build as you can obviously imagine.
    Thanks !