Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Nico Idle + Attacks - Animation

Here is a little piece of animation I'm working on to improve my skills as an animator.
It's just a series of actions performed by Nico (model made by chadmv and downloaded from cretivecrash (dot) com) that would be intended for a videogame.

I'd like to know your opinions, critiques and any questions you might have.

https://vimeo.com/80133450

P.S. I'm a forums' rookie, so if someone knows how to show the video preview instead of just the link, I'll be eternally grateful :poly122:

Replies

• slipsius
    first off, you can automatically embed your vimeo video by using the tags [vv ] [/vv ]. Instead of the full link, you would put just the video number between. So, in this case, you would type [vv ]80133450[/vv ], without the spaces. like so

[vv]80133450[/vv]

As for your animations. I think you`re biting off more than you can chew right now. You`re lacking a lot of key principles. You need more offset. More follow through, and need to work on your timing to add more weight. Currently, most of the stuff looks very linear and pose to pose. I suggest taking a step back and doing a walk cycle with a ball and legs rig you find online. Use more poses and put some offset into your poses. Don't rely on the graph editor for it all at the end.

It's ok to start with something more low key. I know you want to jump into the fun stuff like attacks and what not, but in all honesty, if you do it too quickly, you`re actually hurting yourself more than helping.