Home Technical Talk

Noob question: Swift Loop Not previewing/Looping in Max

theGrandPoobah
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
theGrandPoobah polycounter lvl 8
I have been getting back into Max, and have used the Swift loop in several sessions of the same application, but after using the swift loop, and then removing some of the edges, when I tried again applying a swift loop, Max did not preview what the swift loop would look like, and 'blindly clicking' did not produce any edges either.

I recall there vaguely being a solution to this, as I have had this problem in the past (and recall a solution) but google has turned up nothing, and I can't recall it.

Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

Replies

• theGrandPoobah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As an update, closing and restarting Max again did NOT help the issue.

I unfroze the other piece of geometry in the file's scene, and the Swift loop function, preview and all, WORK great.

This problem only occurs when I select this new piece of geometry, the Swift Loop mode neither previews, nor actually produces any loops when I click on the selected geometry. To clarify, the Swift Loop HAD been working on this piece of geometry earlier in the session.
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    You stated you applied a swift loop then removed some edges, did you also remove the vertices associated with those edges? Swift loop will only show up if it can make a loop along a ring of geometry.
  • theGrandPoobah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair wrote: »
    You stated you applied a swift loop then removed some edges, did you also remove the vertices associated with those edges? Swift loop will only show up if it can make a loop along a ring of geometry.

Thanks for the response, and you are correct, as I figured out earlier. Since I couldn't find any google threads/discussions on this, I'll leave this here for posterity.

The swift loops whose edges I had removed left their vertices behind, which confused my attempts at creating swift loops. The edge AND the vertex need to be removed.
  • Luka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luka polycounter lvl 5
    for any new guys looking at this, the shortcut is Ctrl+Backspace :)