18EPfuK
1aCq5XM
1gGKJvw

Replies

• cookedpeanut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cookedpeanut polycounter lvl 12
    You say "Noob" but you're the first person I've seen almost nail the width and proportions of the back of the top cover. People always seem to make it too sharp, too thin or too square.
    So well done, It's looking splendid so far!
    Want to see more...
  • Stirls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    You might want to add an ejection port on the side of the weapon! Heh. Must be firing those new-fangled caseless rounds!

The stock is bit on the square side, in my opinion (although I can't be sure!) Have a look at refs for the back just to double check: http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/uploads/AK47_wooden_new/AK47_WOOD_8.jpg

That's honestly all I can spot out right now. You've done a great job so far.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    You say "Noob" but you're the first person I've seen almost nail the width and proportions of the back of the top cover. People always seem to make it too sharp, too thin or too square.
    So well done, It's looking splendid so far!
    Want to see more...

I dont own one, but it doesn't look right to me at all. The form is stretched, and its clearly too wide. The gun all in all is a little blobby. The handguard is missing an important curve on bottom, the grip need revision, it is not accurate in form, the stock is rejuvenating in the wrong direction, well there is a lot more, but its a good start. What is needed are good references. A simple side view will not grant enough information to do halfway accurate proportions

Do some research and show us some updates ; )
  • Amaury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaury polycounter lvl 7
    thanks for the feedback ! i'm currently adding the ejection port, fixing proportions and checking more refs, and since i modeled it with the quad chamfer modifier it will be easy to change the edges tightness
  • Amaury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amaury polycounter lvl 7
    here's a quick screenshot to show the progress :
    - added the ejection port
    - made the edges more round
    - changed the screws and some others details to match the reference

I'm gonna have to redo some parts like the stock since i accidentally collapsed the turbosmooth

18FvOC7
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    The lower part of the hand guard looks too rounded.
  • Stirls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    You will want to soften the edges on the magazine, too. They won't bake very well.