Home Technical Talk

Having trouble learning Unreal Script and Scaleform HUD

Hello guys! Got such a useful help last time I posted here, so figured I would try again :)

First of, I should mention that I really don't have the knack for scripting, and I've run into a few problems when I tried to make a custom HUD for UDK. (I can just about edit a weapon script...)

I've made some elements to a flash file, and the HUD is quite simple for now; ammo, health, ammo, shield. I've set them up so that each element have an instance name, and I've imported the SWF file to UDK and seen that I can display it.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to link up what happens in the game to what is displayed. I've spent several days looking through various tutorials, and they either go into too much detail or not enough.

All I want to do is hide the default HUD and link up the values for ammo/health/shield to my own HUD.

Can anyone help me out with pointing me in the right direction? I've gathered that I need to make a custom script for that extends UTHudBase and GFxMoviePlayer, right?

Thanks in advance!