Home Unreal Engine

UDK Using Morph-targets and Sockets and one anim set. Will this work?

Hello everyone! I am just wondering if i can get some input on whether this will work before i put a very long time into building it.

I currently have a mesh, and this mesh will use morph targets to distort it in some cases and make it bigger in others. It will also have wings and other things attached to it through the socket editor. The issue i am experiencing is that when the mesh expands from morph targets, the base of the wings get swallowed up by the mesh.

I have tried to counter this by having morph targets that move the wings further out depending on whether it's active but this distorts the wings quite a bit and looks ugly, my only other idea is to create a second set of wings and use them instead when the model happens to be expanded. The way i am animating this to make sure it all meshes together is to create one giant skeleton for everything, and export each part one at a time so i can slot it together later using the one animset. will this work? or is there a better way i could be creating this. I would love to know because so far i think i'm going on the right path, but i am struggling to test things and getting a bit more confused each time i try to counter the issues. thanks :) Hope that wasn't too confusing, i can elaborate more if required. :)