Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Prop - In Game Diamond UDK

So after a month here we are after recreating the concept over from MagnaAngel 's wonderful story Winter's Victim. I asked if I were able to recreate an asset from her story using 3D techniques as well as create a 2D Concept.

Using Maya 2013, zBrush, Photoshop and finally placing it in UDK we have this presentation thus far. This is the final first pass for the sake of turn-in for class. However, is not the finished product for my portfolio.

Things to still work out:
- The Diamond:
To accurately create this in a real-time game engine is difficult. It is NOT an easy task to get light to refract correctly off of the facets in a cut diamond. Thanks to my partner Anthony "Redderick" Davis who is a growing professional game effects artist we are able to learn and create a realistic diamond.
The next pass will have more lights to help show off the "effect" of a diamond. Will be experimenting placing caustics within it and adjusting the Fresnel.

- Scene Lighting:
Though I do enjoy the darkness of the background the environment does need more lights. To help show off the silhouette of the staff.

- Vara's Staff:
- Embedded Lava. Still trying to figure this one out so that the design looks appropriate and elegant.
- Possible remodel of the staff to give more geometry to sculpt for a stronger breakup?
- Create the gems to emulate the diamond a top of the staff. Therefore sculpt them out to be their own and add a small light within them.

So please, as I have your attention, I greatly appreciate the ability to have worked on this and would greatly appreciate any sort of critique for good and constructive.

Thank you for your support.

Tica "T1CT4CFR35H" Sansook

WmjA5Yw.jpg
TIUippE.jpg
Jy7k4NW.jpg

Once again thank you and have a wonderful day.