****Latest update***
Done!!!
536B7D24F995EA0546C5B4F9D2D753BFF7633EBD

Replies

• motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Well it's definitely lacking a handle if you ask me :)
    You clearly have a specific idea in your mind that you want to achive, but the structure i see feels a bit fragile and weird in the shapes.
    Do you have a concept to work on?
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BohSheh polycounter lvl 9
    motenai wrote: »
    Well it's definitely lacking a handle if you ask me :)
    You clearly have a specific idea in your mind that you want to achive, but the structure i see feels a bit fragile and weird in the shapes.
    Do you have a concept to work on?

Haha i haven done that handle part :D But I almost out of tri count edi
    well , I have a concept of demon looking bow actually .

qvji.png

the drawn part is an extension of the glove , which makes them a weapon set .
    The hand part i think is quiet lacking too . Suggestion ? Btw this is the 1st time i did 3d stuff .
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1476563_10202072382546492_842145459_n.jpg
    upgraded , luckily it hit exactly 400 tri
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys , seniors , I really need help here . Patience is really required to clear my problem
    8nxf.png
    p78q.png
    r40s.png
    rhn8.png
    3aug.png
    oimh.png

First of all i shall introduce everything .

The normal map etc was made by the highpoly , base mesh as lowpoly , and the cage .

1) Image 1 is the all the map rendered from xnormal ( very messy , need feedback on the UV )
    2) High poly
    3) Base Mesh as low poly
    4) Cage ( Cloned from base mesh and push it according to the true lowpoly from zbrush ) . I was unable to import the high poly to Max due to memory error and crashes .

The circle is colored according to the parts . The xnormal render it wrongly according to the part I want .
    Red Idk which it render == I wanted the red part ( front and back ) from the high poly .
    Orange It render the back part instead

I am very sure the coordinate and orientation for all the polys is the same . ( The coordinate is set according the imported true lowpoly - since it is the same as high poly ) . No YZ flipping for the export .

Do any 1 know the problem ? The Uv mapping was 100% according to the part I want in high poly . I hope someone can really correct my error .
  • tja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tja polycounter lvl 3
    oimh.png

Couldnt you overlay those UV sections to save space and make a texture that mirrors?

If you upload a fbx ill have a go at laying the pieces out, may as well get some practice.

Also, image 1 looks like an ambient occlusion map, wasnt it suppose to be a normal?
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tja wrote: »
    Couldnt you overlay those UV sections to save space and make a texture that mirrors?

If you upload a fbx ill have a go at laying the pieces out, may as well get some practice.

Also, image 1 looks like an ambient occlusion map, wasnt it suppose to be a normal?

what do you mean y that :P

Actually i wanted to make 2 color , left and right with diff colour . hence I am only make front and back mirror . The top left and top right pieces was the sub part of the overall . I think i made a mistake there .

And the map was layered based on tutorial , normal , ao , cavity etc . So yeah . The major problem was the wrong bake it give me :(
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I am not the best at baking but from what I see there you could improve your UV layout like tja said but you are also having a few other issues.

The simplest to fix is that you are not showing us a normal map, but more likely the preview you got when rendering the normal map out.

Other problems include:

You need to have your low poly use a single smoothing group. (Or a single group per area that you don't want a really hard edge.)

Your mesh is intersecting (as is your cage) this means that when the projection is being calculated it is being blocked by the back face of the other geometry.

Beyond that I can't say because I'm not excellent at baking and I don't fully understand what you are trying to do with the symmetry/lack of
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne wrote: »
    I am not the best at baking but from what I see there you could improve your UV layout like tja said but you are also having a few other issues.

The simplest to fix is that you are not showing us a normal map, but more likely the preview you got when rendering the normal map out.

Other problems include:

You need to have your low poly use a single smoothing group. (Or a single group per area that you don't want a really hard edge.)

Your mesh is intersecting (as is your cage) this means that when the projection is being calculated it is being blocked by the back face of the other geometry.

Beyond that I can't say because I'm not excellent at baking and I don't fully understand what you are trying to do with the symmetry/lack of
    well i just push it out so that all the part is covered by the cage . However , it is impossible to do so without intersecting . Do I need to move everything ( for cage , low , high poly ) so that it wont intersect ? I will have problem for high poly since I cant open it in Max due to memory problem and crashes
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    You could bake the overlapping sections separately and then combine the bakes into one file in a 2d editing program?

Also to open in max try using decimation master.
  • tja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tja polycounter lvl 3
    screenshot_2.png

This is the normal map setting i use for xnormal. (ignore file path, 512x512 is clinkz bow, but 2x resolution, dota shrinks it)

You might have the ambient occlusion on (ticked)? If so, untick it.
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You could bake the overlapping sections separately and then combine the bakes into one file in a 2d editing program?

Bake separately and texture it according to the part i want ?
    tja wrote: »
    screenshot_2.png

This is the normal map setting i use for xnormal. (ignore file path, 512x512 is clinkz bow, but 2x resolution, dota shrinks it)

You might have the ambient occlusion on (ticked)? If so, untick it.

The settings is the same except for edge padding ( 14 ) . The i do swtich on ambient . Others is all the same .
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys , I had figure it out the problem !!! The uv is mirrored hence it give the wrong part . THX for your concern guys :D .

It works! However I have to import and export by parts since I still has the massive polygon .
  • BohSheh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BUMP FOR SUGGESTIOn!