Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D Community Noob Challenge November 2013 Part 2!

Vysuki
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Vysuki polycounter lvl 9
Welcome to the 2D Noob challenge!

Apologies for this being one day late!

This thread is for those of you who wish to improve your skills in conception / 2D in general.

This is a once every 2 weeks (ish) challenge on the first of each month and on the 16th of each month. On the beginning of each new challenge I will post two entries, the most creative idea and the best technical. This is subject to change depending on feedback from you guys and gals on what you feel is an appropriate time slot.

Add Vysuki on Skype and I can add you to the 2D challenge group chat on there.

Previous 2d Challenges:
October 2013 Part 1
October 2013 Part 2
November 2013 Part 1

The Challenge!

This two week challenge will be Small floating drones that are used for anything, be it recon, assault or even carrying the shopping home.

Rules:

• Starts November 18th and ends on November 30th
  • It can be fantasy, sci-fi, steam punk, whatever genre you can think of.
  • This is a small drone and not a vehicle so nothing too big in terms of body size. I understand that if you were adding a small air balloon and propellers (if you were going steam punk for example) then it will be some what large so the size limit is on the body of the drone.
  • It needs to be finished as digital but your starting / designing steps can be traditional.
  • Try to leave a crit for someone else when you post as it helps your own observational eye.
As before, the reason for this is traditional is harder for answering questions as workflows for different media vary and it would be difficult to learn together.

It would be preferred if you can show your initial idea generations and post any development pics.

Example:

Below is an example by artist DNA-1 David Nakayama

robot_drones_by_david_nakayama-d4hn3jk.jpg

Previous Thread notes:
KristianS did a great job with his futuristic wrist shield
riceart did a well designed fantasy shield
Don't forget to join in the 3d monthly noob challenge!

Replies