Home Dota 2

Help importing submission ingame - 52 bones limit

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
-Em'- polycounter lvl 8
Hi, i'm trying to import my Golem diretcly from the game tool : I managed successfuly to import my model rigged and skinned to the source golem model, but it seems to not working properly.

It tells me that i reach the limit of 52 bones per model, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Here what i did :
- create my custom golem model
- rigged and skinned it to source model
- load my fbx in the game tool
- load sources's .smd animation files of this golem
- import successful, but popup message error "reach +52 bones"

So i tried to delete useless bones, to reach ~45 bones and exported it to fbx, but i seems that problem is somewhere else. Maybe in Dota sources's .smd file ?

Did someone was stuck at the same step ?
Its my first workshop item, where is the magic button "send to the workshop" ? Do i need to fix this before ? Because everything is working : golem is animated ingame and in preview, i can even configure potrait image...

:poly142::poly127:

Replies

• Bruno Afonseca
    Are those extra bones included on the Skin modifier of your character? Just deleting them on the scene without adjusting the Skin modifier might give you problems!
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    The golem smd files have more than 52 bones as well - you'll probably have to delete the bones you deleted in your main model's file for each of the smd files as well for it to work.
  • -Em'-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -Em'- polycounter lvl 8
    Dont know what happenned during the night, but today fbx is working : i think Dota2 stores temporary file, that could explain why my changes in he fbx weren't taken by Dota2tool... So to clarify : i just cleaned the main FBX and let the sources .smd files for animation. Thx for the input guys <3