Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback.

ArtLearner
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ArtLearner polycounter lvl 3
Hello Awesome Polycount,
I'll be going on a job hunt next week and I'd love some feedback on my portfolio.
Portfolio
Yours sincerely,
Artlearner

Replies

• Maks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maks polycounter lvl 14
    Hi,
    I have some tips for the presenetation of you work. The Images are really small, in both, thumbnails and detail images. You should really scale to detail images up, because i cant even see the wireframes properly. I would also suggest that you create more interessting Thumbnails. Now you have your model on these small Thumbs 4-6 times instead of one nice shot. So my recommendation would be to create some Beautyshots of your models for at least the Thumbnails. You could in generel work on the viewing angles of the models, the dragon for example is really bad to read from the side. So you would get better results, with less but better readable shots of your models. You should also provide some information with your models, like polycount, texturesize, uvlayout and the texture itself.

What also bothers me is that all of your picture got the same background but the Mech does not. Why is the Background transparent? That does'nt fit and seems a bit unprofessional.

I like the clean approach of your website but you shouldl reconsider the composition of the textblocks. The 3D/Resume part seems to far on the right and you could put your short welcome text in the upper right corner to get the site more organized.

That are some of my ideas for improvement.

Good luck with your job hunt.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Most of your resume is in English, but the months are in Dutch. It should be "Education" rather than "Educations". You really should adopt a standard resume formatting.

I don't know about the EU, but in the US age and gender are almost never included on a resume; they really don't apply for most jobs as long as you're old enough to work in that job.

You don't need to highlight what you've done with each tool under "Skills". When you list 3ds Max, it's assumed that you can use it to model and texture. An actual interview will reveal the finer details of your skill level.

As a general rule, include your name and contact info (i.e. e-mail) on each image. Try to include more than a single image for each project, including wireframes and texture sheets.