Home General Discussion

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty Game for PS4

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
littleclaude quad damage
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee, built from the ground up with brand new next-gen technology for the PS4
http://www.oddworld.com/2013/11/oddworld-new-n-tasty-story-trailer-1/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhnM-rrBng"]Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty ? Teaser Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

oddworldnnt_story4.jpg

oddworldnnt_story3.jpg

oddworldnnt_story2.jpg

Replies

• Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    You better be able to fart still.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    It's just a high def remake, so all of the gameplay will remain the same, it'll just look a whole lot prettier. And it looked pretty damn pretty to begin with.

It's also not just coming out on PS4. It's getting PC, Linux, Mac and Wii U release. But not XBox coz Microsoft doesn't deign to deal with those filthy indis. Or something.
  • Dubzski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubzski polycounter lvl 11
    Love the Oddworld stuff, can't say from the preview that i'm blown away by the graphics though. Shame they aren't making another chapter and just revisiting an old one. Their so creative, it surprises me.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Oddworld aren't doing the remake - it's some other studio. That's why it's a remake and not a new chapter.
  • reverendK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    The dev studio is called Just Add Water - they're in the UK. They've been working with what remains of Oddworld Inhabitants for a few years now doing HD remakes of the older games.
    I'm pretty sure they've got at least one Polycounter there.

If i recall correctly from the initial announcement of New'n'Tasty, though, this isn't a true 1:1 remake. They want to add and change a few things so that it stands alone as a new game - which is why they named it New n' Tasty, not abes oddysee HD.
  • Dubzski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubzski polycounter lvl 11
    Cool, good to know, These things aren't always obvious.