Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Character Modeler, 2 separate games for 2 Best Selling Authors

Whilst it is early days in the development we’ve got somewhat busy as we’ve agreed to develop 2 completely separate games for 2 different international Best Selling Authors who have both sold millions of books worldwide in addition to having some of their books made into TV and film.

Games and Authors

One game is loosely based on 1 of the author’s books set during a major historical event. The books in the series were made into a highly successful BBC TV series that featured a well known film and TV actor. The author is currently with the BBC producing a documentary based on that same event which will be released around the time of the game.

The other game is also based on a famous historical event which the author is considering releasing a book to coincide with the games release (he is discussing this with his book publisher).

Both historical events are set 60 + years apart and before you ask they do not involve WW1 or 2, sci fi, horror or zombies etc.

The games have similarities in that they are both MP with SP played in the first person and have guns.

The 2 games are scheduled to be released about 6 months apart.

Marketing

Both authors have major main stream press contacts and web sites which can be exploited for marketing purposes. I believe we have a number of marketing options open to us as a result of having the authors on board for their games.

At this time I can’t say any more on an open forum but would be happy to supply more details via email or skype (preferably).

Character Modeler

We are in need of a character modeller to help out with creating some game ready characters and if you can do any environment modelling that would also be useful. You may gather that as the games are based off actual historical events the characters are people, mainly soldiers.

Payment

So you might be thinking that with best selling authors on board you might expect up front payment (i.e. paid work) but unfortunately the business model I pitched to the authors to gain access to their Intellectual Property (IP) means payment has to be after the first game's release.

So who are we?

We are a small Australian company called Web Interactive Solutions that started developing commercial software for the internet but branched out into game development .

So you can verify who we are I've supplied some links to some of our web sites (just to clarify we don't develop web sites but the software those sites sell, the web sites belong to us plus the software being sold).

Regarding game development we developed a 4 person co-op FPS called Toy Wars Invasion, this game is complete, we are readying it for release.

1. toywarsinvasion.com - The web site for the game we just completed

2. icarusreach.com.au (Medical practice management software)

3. moceanone.com (Banking software)

Contact

If you are interested please email me at jonesnm@wiskids.com including any information on yourself.

Thanks for your time,
Neil