Home Artists Looking For Work

Looking to commission a 3D game artist

Hello!

We're Ilmassa LC, a Pittsburgh-based mobile game startup. We've been wandering around Pittsburgh and the internet looking for a 3D artist to fit our needs and we stumbled upon Polycount.

Currently, we're building a prototype of our game to show to investors around the area and we need art for pretty much... everything. So, what are we doing?

Well, we're building an isometric game hack and slash game. (No trade secrets, but we did put in a few twists ). We're looking at incorporating 3D models with isometric backgrounds, in a way similar to how Bastion did their art (the frames are spat out as sprites so everything looks 2D). We originally thought straight 2D (and are still thinking about it) but we figured it might be better to make a single 3D model rather than draw 10,000 frames. Okay, so what do we need?

3D:
A couple low-poly 3D character models that look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFSP67eYo4 (we're big fans of this style) with animations
A few fancy 3D spell effects (again, with that sort of 2D anime-ish style)

As for 2D stuff, we have a few artists on the line, but by all means, if you think you can do the GUI, environments, etc. in a Bastion sort of style feel free to apply. Just please don't apply solely for 2D- we have quite enough applicants for that

I mentioned that this is a prototype, so it's not a huge project, but it's by no means a small one. We plan on paying piece by piece and drafting a contract with our lawyer (NDAs will be required as well). I can't really give a specific estimate at this stage, but I'd probably say the job is going to be a couple thousand dollars.

If you're by any means interested in working with us, please shoot me a pm and we can go from there!