Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Character Sculpt WIP (Batman!)

What's up polycount,

I'm pretty new here, and to Zbrush in general. So I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers on how my sculpt is coming along.

qgWEjOH.png

Also I know nothing about polypainting or rendering in zbrush, so any tips or general guidelines are very much appreciated! :)

Replies

• Jorvid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @amile duan THANK YOU! but do you have any critical feedback? I can produce more renders if needed.
  • Jorvid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UPDATE: Fixed a few things up here and there, changed the material to Framer01, and added some flat basic textures.

h7ESWjY.png

I'm really liking the style the Framer01 mat gives me, but I feel I'm relying on it too much.

Here's another render with a different material

1ieY9x2.jpg

So far I'm liking Zbrush quite a bit. Learning so many new things about and having a lot of fun with it.

As always, any comments, questions, or critiques are very much appreciated :)
  • onizuka92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    onizuka92 polycounter lvl 9
    I really like where this is going. My opinion is to either change the smiling eyes into more of a frown or to keep his colors, cowl and gloves more on the darker side. something feels off to me but i have no idea what could be right or wrong. Maybe make his symbol more like that specific batman's style. Keep it up i can't wait to see him posed, rendered and even lit.