Home General Discussion

Learn Maya if you already know 3ds max

Replies

• BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradleyWascher polycounter lvl 13
    I actually have a Maya to max course almost complete, it well be launching on udemy Friday Jan 10th. More information about that on the way.
  • unknownsock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unknownsock polycounter lvl 7
    Been wanting to learn Maya over the past few weeks, definitely gonna pick this up!
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a reminder only 3 days left on the new years sale, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I look forward to making a bunch more tutorials for the new year! If anyone has any requests for courses or things they want to learn just leave a comment here or send me a pm. Cheers!
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    sold!! I started out with Maya but have used Max for the last two years....time to brush up I think
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    I did this tutorial a few weeks back and found it fantastic. Really great for getting up to speed. Awesome work!

I continued to use Maya for a week before I wanted to throw it out the window. After using MAX for almost 10 years its mind boggling to know that studios across the world use MAYA for environment work. Its shocking how limited it is, constantly having to jump through hoops to do simple tasks. The amount of times google answered my questions with "MAYA can't do that" made me want to strangle someone. Its insane how many key aspects of architectural work been hidden away, constantly having to have component view open to know where your objects is in world space. I think it would be ok to use for guns and characters. But environments.... jebus its horrible.

If I understand correctly I believe studios around the world that use MAYA often build extensively on its tools?
  • BradleyWascher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im super glad you guys all really like the course! And if any of you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask me in the on the course as I try to answer those as fast as I can.

Also a reminder today is the last day of the new years sale!! so get it for super cheap while you can, if you know anyone that might be interested or wouldnt mind sharing it on your social network I would be super pumped, thanks!