Home Artists Looking For Work

2D Artist for Indie strategy game| PAID

Thank you for your interest.
Crowbox_Polycount.png
Overview
- 2D Concept artist
- Freelance
- long-term, low/mid frequency work

My name is Kevin and I founded a startup called Crowbox to work fulltime on my first own video game project, felt unchallanged by the industry-work I experienced.

Some prologue first
I had this idea of a game some years ago and I started working on it more and more. During the years I had to realize that the Idea I had in mind was hard to realize and not in the quality standart I aimed. While I still figured out how to do it, I came across a game called Plague Inc. which got viral in our class's tablets. This game instantly reminded me of a flashgame called "Pandemic 2" and the ideas I had then while I was studying game development, doing something similar as a learning project.
While I was working on a 3D Earth model for my current project, I instantly knew what to do and figured out a concept and edited the existing work to create a prototype, results can be seen below.

Project overview
The best description online you will find on the Steam Concepts - PreCIV page.
The project is split into several stages ranging from this year to late in 2014 and we want to have an artist who has time and interest to follow us during those stages. As an indie team we have no pressure nor tough deadlines and I am ready to take yours into account while planning so you can priorize those. But it is very important that we have a constant collaboration during this time and you will not quit for time and project pressure reasons of more profitable projects, please keep this in mind, but let us discuss your situation.

Job description
You will be working closely with me to illustrate the vision and story of the game. Here is a rough overview of the stages:

Pitching phase After we have discussed the basics we will discuss the project's needs more indepth and define your amount of work and workflow suited to your time schedule. In this stage I need artwork we use to promote the game and it's crowdfunding campaign. This stage is completed with the crowdfunding's success. I call for indie rates at this point but will be ready to pay up to $500, regardless of funding success to proof some seriousness.
My goal is to come up with the core visual concept as well as the story/game world. There are several ideas and visual concepts already which I will show you by e-mail. The crowdfunding will be finished this year, may it will be settled around christmas.

Beta phase The previously defined concept and recieved funds will be used to create more conceptional and ingame art for the beta version of the game.
I will point out more of the individual tasks, you don't need to fullfill all of them for sure. Downward importance.
  • Concept art for both, promotion and quick idea sketching
  • Environment, "story/action" and character pieces
  • Create artwork from scratch as well as doing overpainting/editing of provided 3D footage for example
  • Help to work on the Graphical User Interface, especially Icons and symbols
  • May have experience with matte painting or layered artwork, used for something like this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0"]Guildwars Trailer[/ame]

The schedule for this stage starts and ends in 2014 and lasts several months, exact dates depend on funding success.

Content phase I can't talk in detail but the game at this stage should have some additional funds and we are working on additional content and features including Should-Haves and Nice-to-Haves. This will still happen in 2014.

If you are interested then don't hesitate to contact me with detailed information and example artwork: contact@crowbox.de
You will recieve more information and a document then. Please keep in mind that we are looking for a partner for a long-term but low/mid-frequency collaboration.

Also you can post questions right here or by mail.

Thanks for reading

Examples and Links
Steam Concepts - PreCIV
PreCIV OST - Main Theme

A3FBA6AA99AF944C092D2B2F95212EBDC56312FF

88A42531B4A768EC0847E804800B7F44F01F02E5

preciv_alpha_stage.jpg

ABE2AEBEE654F7029F3FFDB71BC4CAD831F7B79B