Home Dota 2

QoP Set high poly

Hi guys, I've been studing Zbrush on my own the last year (coz my last item accepted on workshop was Master Assassin's set, yes I was the designer and Vlad the 3D modeler :P).

I want to show us my work! And a couple of questions...

I didn't do the concept, my mate did it and we want to upload to the workshop. But we have some problems.

There we go:

Concept

Q0TbKZs.png

Head and Shoulder

u0X4Tyh.png

Wings

JYfWdOi.png

And my question are:

- I have some problems doing Zremesher to make the low poly on the wings. There are two parts merged (the "fingers of the wings" and the membrane), coz I used topology tools to make the membrane, and when I try polypainting or adapting settings appears odd things. Should I make some retopology with topogun better?

Thank you!

Replies

• MdK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    I guess I'll be the one to say it. There is too much detail in your sculpt. The style of Dota really favours large details as the very low texture resolution causes small details like this to just muddy the texture from the ingame view. Although it's very tempting to start sculpting these small details, I always seem to start doing it automatically, they are actually counter-productive.

Check out Onilolz and Zaphk's thread to get an idea about how much detail you should be going into: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117863

Apart from that I really love the design, it has a very demonic feel to it.
  • ThEiL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much for your opinion and information! I appreciate that. Coz is so difficult learn all that stuff on your own.

And the idea for the set was like a parasite bug who feed with pain and sorrow's victims until he met QOP and they became the perfect couple!