Home Technical Talk

Maya problem with edge

hiho

how do i connect these 2 vertexes in the picture below?
in 3dmax i'd have tired to get a face on it and connect them afterwards,
but it dosent seem to function in maya=!?

rf7w.jpg

greetings
scarpe

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    I'm not sure which vertices you are referring to since none are selected, so I'm going to assume you want to close the hole in your mesh. You can use a couple of different methods (among many) to close up a hole like that.

Edit Mesh > Append to Polygon tool will draw in a polygon between edges but may produce ngons if you fill the hole in all at once. Works by activating and then selecting edges. A red preview polygon should display as you work.

Mesh > Fill Hole will fill any contiguous group of border edges with a polygon. This will produce ngons if your hole has more than 4 border edges. First select the border edges around the hole you'd like to fill and use Fill Hole.

For Append to Polygon and Fill Hole, I would suggest using Edit Mesh > Connect Components to fix any ngons that may have been generated: select 2 vertices and then use Connect Components.

Edit Mesh > Bridge will fill two border edges across from each other with a polygon. Be sure to set the Divisions to 0 if you don't want any extra edge loops. Also take note that in 2013 bridging sometimes produces unwelded edges that are invisible unless you have specific mesh display properties enabled; Maya 2014 does not cause unwelded edges.