Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Decaying Sewer

Putting together a sewer scene. I thought a decaying sewer would make for a cool smugglers den, still lots left to do! :)

[size=-2]moodboard[/size]
moodboard_1.jpg

[size=-2]wooden cube[/size]
crate_01.jpg

[size=-2]tunnels so far[/size]
tunnel_wip1.jpg

Replies

• spectre1130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    The tunnel looks sick already and I love the crate. Those are hand painted textures on the wood I assume right? The light looks great too. I'm sure this will be very good when you are done.
  • Addi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here's an update, made the tunnel from modular pieces and changed the layout a few times but think I have it now. Wanted some points of interest so there's a collapsed ceiling, staircase and dropshaft area.
    Also made some props, thought the polycount might be a little high but there are some extra loops for vertex painting, could Lod them I suppose.

[size=-2]collapsed ceiling[/size]
    tunnel_wip2.jpg

[size=-2]staircase[/size]
    tunnel_wip3.jpg

[size=-2]dropshaft[/size]
    tunnel_wip4.jpg

[size=-2]some props[/size]
    props_wip1.jpg

(think I went over the top with the atmospheric fog)

spectre: thanks, the crate might be too hand painted for the scene now which is a shame, must see how it looks in the environment. May have exaggerated the grain and knots too much in the sculpt.
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 12
    Looks nice so far. Really liking the atmosphere. Some water dripping particles everywhere would be awesome. I know the refs don't show it(they all look like they're still used), I'd vary the lights a little bit. Maybe one is a little more warmer, while another isn't as strong? Keep it up, subscribed :)
  • Addi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart: thanks! I'll try that next

quick update, added some water, tried to use a cube map but the results weren't quite there so using some image based reflections, yay dx11.

tunnel_wip5.jpg

reflectionRough.gif
  • Jack Ryan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking really good! Might I suggest a dirty mattress and some empty beer bottles? Perhaps near burned out wood ;)
  • Addi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been playing around with the fx a bit, lights are looking too strong now and still too uniform, need to fix that.

tunnel_wip6.jpg
    tunnel_wip7.jpg
    tunnel_wip8.jpg
    tunnel_wip9.jpg
    tunnel_wip10.jpg

I have a few more touches here and there but I'm getting close to calling this done.
  • Jack Ryan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the atmos you got going.