Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized Fantasy Axe WIP

Firefly
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Firefly polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys. It's a still WIP. Modeled in Max then I did some ZBrushing. Let me know what you guys think? Any critique or ideas? I plan on baking it to a low poly. Cheers!

d4fLfmx.jpg
nhXjI2Q.jpg
nNTFHBA.jpg
Vdtp9wI.jpg
bQx9k98.jpg
XywEujl.jpg
B0n2IzD.jpg

Replies

• kmactastic
    Offline / Send Message
    kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
    It doesn't look like the edge is meant to cut anything. It doesn't look like a real ax in that aspect. I bet it will come out sweet with some small changes. I think your wear and tear would happen along the blade edge?
  • Firefly
    Offline / Send Message
    Firefly polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah, thank you! I plan on throwing in back into max and sharpening the blade to more a point. But from a silhouette standpoint from a far it should look decent but i will taper the blade.
  • Melodeus
    From the hilt's tail,it feels interesting. It has several flattened areas which make the lighting feels artistic. As it goes up,I enjoy the raked grooves into the wood,but after the band,it feels redundant and empty. Kmactastic's stated of the blade already,but the area near the base of the blade...I don't know if you could call it a guard,but it could have some detail added also.It's a fantasy axe,but it looks very dull is what I'm saying.