Home Dota 2

Saya's Workshop

Sayanora
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Sayanora polycounter lvl 11
Hey everyone! I've been lurking in the dota shadows for awhile and finally decided to step into the proverbial light. Welcome to my workshop

Here's my first offering, a nasty looking sword for a hero that no longer exists!

More to come!

Replies

• DotaFX
  • Chaos Prophet
  • Sayanora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ DotaFX Thank you!

Shortly after submitting my sk weapon, I realized that I'd done so a little prematurely, so back to the drawing board I went! Since I had already spent too long on this project, taking a break from it allowed me to see my work with fresh eyes again. Hindsight ftw!

Most of the rework I did was mask and color map adjustments(how does tint spec by color even work!? Not like the guide would have you believe! To get the gold frame of my pommel to reflect the diffuse's color, I used pure black(or near enough) instead of white in mask 2 channel B I probably spent more time learning how all the masks relate to each other than I did sculpting or anything else :polytwitch: I ditched most of the blood as it didn't seem like the king's style to carry a blood drenched cleaver around the battlefield(he's not pudge!). Thank you Narusol!

Finally, I reworked the colors to better match sk's palette after seeing LennyAgony's post about the feedback he got from Valve. Thanks Lenny! I did take one liberty with the addition of the purple handle wraps, but I think it's justified since purple is a royal color after all! It also complements the yellow pommel it's seated against so double win!(..and it's practically red's next door neighbor so triple win D)

Some pics from the finish line:

My concept (also made by yours truly)

Some construction shots:

Thanks for looking everyone!
  • Sayanora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New weapon concepts for Legion Commander!

• agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stalked this thread :D
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    are you making those weapons? is someone else? are they up for grabs? if they are, you should probably post them in the collab thread too.

and you should probably make one of them yourself... ;) OR ELSE!
  • Sayanora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx wrote: »
    are you making those weapons? is someone else? are they up for grabs? if they are, you should probably post them in the collab thread too.

and you should probably make one of them yourself... ;) OR ELSE!

Whoops, forgot to mention that they're all up for grabs since I probably won't have time to make them for the foreseeable future. Would love to collab with someone on them. I can provide workshop thumbnail/marketing pics and maybe texturing(time permitting) if they're picked up :)
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    This painterly style is making me swoon so hard!

I hope someone really picks up what you are putting down, definitely deserves the love!!
  • bladeshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bladeshot polycounter lvl 5
    It looks awesome! Can I take second one?
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    Hey I would like to do the 3rd LC wep add me on on steam!: HAHA#GETREKT