Portfolio piece

Creating a portfolio here is my first wip piece

P0Opw87.jpg

Replies

• Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Whats your plan for this character? Do you have goals for things you'd like to accomplish?

Anatomically, I'd say you either need to thin up his torso and neck, or beef up his arms. The arms are too skinny for the body, and the hard edge on the inner elbow between the bicep in the forearm is too strong.

For the clothes, I'll pass along the best advice I was given when I started sculpting a lot of "realistic" cloth: Have a friend, or yourself, put on clothes like what you want to model, and take pictures from all angles (have the photographer move around the model, don't let the model move and change the folds), so you can see how the folds change from one kind of surface feature to another. And just sculpt that. You'll be amazed how much easier it is to get great looking cloth with consistent, specific reference like that.

edit: Also, right now the large forms of the clothes are still very stiff and basic-shapey. The legs are tubes, there isn't any weight to the shapes. I'd recommend going back to your lowest subdivision level and pushing things around until you get a more natural, physical feel to the cloth. Check out MM's badass dishonored work for a great (albeit heavily stylized) example of that. Obviously you don't want to push it that far, but it gives you a good idea of what I'm talking about.

Hope that helps, cheers!