Home Unreal Engine

Multiple maps?

I'm a complete noob in game engines, so excuse me if this is obvious matter. I read a hundred times that some in game characters have 2 maps for body and head. but how to apply them to a single model in UDK? may be i missed something) if you know some articles, tutorials or if there some info on forum about technical aspect of applying maps, please post a link here, thanks)

Replies

• EvilPixills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvilPixills polygon
    What you want to do in your 3D application before you export out, make sure you have two different materials assigned to your mesh. In your case a material for the head and a material for the rest of your model.

When you import into UDK you will now see two Material ID's in the static mesh window. Material[0] and Material[1]. Plug the corresponding materials in there and you should be all set.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    What you want to do in your 3D application before you export out, make sure you have two different materials assigned to your mesh. In your case a material for the head and a material for the rest of your model.

When you import into UDK you will now see two Material ID's in the static mesh window. Material[0] and Material[1]. Plug the corresponding materials in there and you should be all set.

Yeah. The only thing that I would say for this is that maybe you need to check the "import materials" checkbox too in the import dialogue. I mean if I dont check this, it gives me only one mat slot instead of the exported ones.
  • veetya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, now i see