Home Unity

My Unity 3D tutorials.

Hello,

I recently started up a YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/speedtutor

This was intentionally going to focus on a variety of tutorials ranging from Modelling, animation, unity, programming etc. I've focused largely on Unity for the most part with some other tutorials here and there.

The tutorials revolve around specific areas that I feel I had the most difficulty with and know others may have also. If you're interested in learning some programming tips as a beginner or looking for some ideas, please check them out.

All the best.

Replies

• Bonkahe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bonkahe polycounter lvl 12
    Sub'd, gonna start making my way through your tutorials soon. Thanks alot man!
  • Rukey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bonkahe wrote: »
    Sub'd, gonna start making my way through your tutorials soon. Thanks alot man!

Not a problem, I hope you get something out of watching them!
  • Visum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Visum polycounter lvl 7
    Cheers. Subscribed as well. I'm new to unity and everything I can lay my eyes on is much appreciated!
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Just wanted to get this in quick: please turn down the volume of your trailer video. A lot. It completely drowned out my music and that's not a very pleasant thing for viewers. The intro should never be at maximum volume blasting right from the start, give people some time to adjust the volume a bit.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    Perfect timing! Subscribed as well.
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    You seem to cover seem interresting topic that no one has covered before. Very nice stuff!
  • DIABL0X
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DIABL0X polycounter lvl 5
    Cool tutorials! :) Subscribed.
  • spectre1130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    sub'd as well. Thanks for your time and info.
  • Rukey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader wrote: »
    Just wanted to get this in quick: please turn down the volume of your trailer video. A lot. It completely drowned out my music and that's not a very pleasant thing for viewers. The intro should never be at maximum volume blasting right from the start, give people some time to adjust the volume a bit.

The intro is there to wake you up! ;)

As to everyone else, thanks for the support! I'll continue doing what I do!
  • AntiMatters
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some useful stuff here, thanks for taking the time.
  • AndroidBebop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rukey wrote: »
    The intro is there to wake you up! ;)

As to everyone else, thanks for the support! I'll continue doing what I do!

Awesome site and tutorials. They are very much appreciated,Finding this post about your channel and website made my day
  • Rukey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raycasting and horror development series coming up! :)
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Amazing. I'm wanting to get into Unity and your channel seems to have loads on it!

Noob question though.... Is there a basic Asset import tutorial. I can't seem to find it.

As in, a simple prop from 3DS Max to Unity with it's textures and what not. All the videos on youtube seem dated and un-informative in regards to things like lightmaps? smoothing groups?

Thanks again for your channel :)

EDIT- ....I found it. shame on me...

But, i'm a bit confused. When I import an asset with it's textures (Diffuse,Normal and Specular)

It only seems to have the diffuse applied when i look at the material...

Is this because it's a quick way to import a simple asset, as it seems to have taken the omni light i had in my scene along with it! :/ Should i be importing each texture map and creating a material within Unity for something like a detailed game prop?
  • SpunkTrunk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    But, i'm a bit confused. When I import an asset with it's textures (Diffuse,Normal and Specular)

Is this because it's a quick way to import a simple asset, as it seems to have taken the omni light i had in my scene along with it! :/ Should i be importing each texture map and creating a material within Unity for something like a detailed game prop?

Everything that's in your 3DSMax scene will get exported, just delete anything you don't want included before you export it. As for materials, just apply the normals and specular individually within the inspection panel on the object. You should have a drop down bar within the material section saying diffuse, click and select any more you want and just apply your material.
  • Rukey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amazing. I'm wanting to get into Unity and your channel seems to have loads on it!

Noob question though.... Is there a basic Asset import tutorial. I can't seem to find it.

As in, a simple prop from 3DS Max to Unity with it's textures and what not. All the videos on youtube seem dated and un-informative in regards to things like lightmaps? smoothing groups?

Thanks again for your channel :)

EDIT- ....I found it. shame on me...

Hope some of it helps you out, I was about to say I do have a simple tutorial on importing a model (with textures) from Max to Unity.

If your material doesn't have all textures, you may have to change the shader type:

Example: From Diffuse to Bumped Diffuse which will allow you to then add your normal map to the respective slot.

Just mess around with some of the shader settings, once you get the hang of Unity it's pretty straight forward.
  • Rukey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Basic horror development series underway. Suitable for a beginner. You could learn new things all the same!