Home Unreal Engine

Fog problem (play from PC)

decorix
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
decorix polycounter lvl 11
Hi all,

I'm working a small project which includes some heightfog and a Postprocess chain . The problem when i run it from (play from PC) then it comes out much different when running it (from PLAY from here)

as you can see from my screenhots.

5g9f.jpg

How can I solve this? I also noticed when I delete both Fog (height and expotinal fog) Its looks fine.

Replies

• Ramseus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramseus polycounter lvl 13
    Just get a "sky"sphere in there and you should be fine. In game, fog won't render over nothing, which is also occasionally a problem if you only use a hemisphere instead of a full sphere for skies.
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, Thanks so much. I've put in a sky_dome (which comes with UDK SM_SkySphere).
    The only problem is that it kinda very bright blueish. Is there any way I can fix this?
    Like putting in another texture? or flipping the normals. Or making it invisible?

As I want it to be very dark and not so bright blue. Thanks so much.
  • Simmo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Simmo polycounter lvl 12
    Hey Decorix, try applying a purely black unlit material to it. Like Ramseus said, it wont render fog over nothing, so making a background of pure black should give you the result you want :)
  • decorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Simmmo,

I made unlit material (setting it to unlit) and made it constant 1 set (0) hooked it up to the emssive. It seems to works :-) Thanks guys.