Home Dota 2

Edit

Replies

• Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    Well, I guess we would like to see some of your work aswell. Depending on workflow making a basemodel wont give you any cut at all, why would someone not do it when its just the tiniest part in the process?
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Coyo.Te wrote: »
    Well, I guess we would like to see some of your work aswell. Depending on workflow making a basemodel wont give you any cut at all, why would someone not do it when its just the tiniest part in the process?

I might be doing it wrong, but I do spent a lot of time and effort on my base models. So it isn't irrelevant. But I do agree that a 3d artist should do more than just a base model.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    Thats why I say: depending on workflow! ;) cause i know some people do a simple basemesh, then do the sculpt then retopo which is the important part and then go on with uving, texturing and so forth.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te wrote: »
    Thats why I say: depending on workflow! ;) cause i know some people do a simple basemesh, then do the sculpt then retopo which is the important part and then go on with uving, texturing and so forth.

Oh sorry Coyo.Te. Didn't see that.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    yeah and whats basemodels supposed to be? the lowpoly for later export or just a sculpting mesh? this takes a couple of minutes usually and anyone can do that in no time.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox wrote: »
    yeah and whats basemodels supposed to be? the lowpoly for later export or just a sculpting mesh? this takes a couple of minutes usually and anyone can do that in no time.

a couple of minutes... I guess I am 100xtimes slow. Any places or tips on how I can be faster?
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    it obviously comes down to the asset, for single weapons double smooth speeds up hard surface modelling a lot. not sculpting but retoping wrapping and giving them thickness speeds up that part as well.
    Without knowing how you work it is hard to say where you could improve your speed :)

the most logical time save is reducing your amount of clicks and mouseways, is there anything in your workflow you do all the time but takes a bit of time? shorten the amount of time by using a shortcut, or rightclick menu etc.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Other than that, you get faster by doing. Just keep making stuff.