Home Dota 2

Forest Lantern Ward WIP

My friend made the initial design and I've begun to model it. I'm currently finishing up refinement on the basic model, soon to move into sculpting and texturing. Currently it only has flat color textures.
Not my first item submitted to the workshop, but this is my first time posting WIPs on Polycount.
sWd4mL4.jpg
2aa3e5cf821037aa32d48ccc2684af32.png
e23cde9faab67aae1ef5fa300d41ae61.png
lEPtSCY.jpg

Replies

• Lychee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d4d8418af28588886e8a531cf4ebc414.png

Textures happening. Not final.

Still left to do
    • Maybe replace moths with fireflies?
    • Refine textures
    • adjust colors for sentry version
    • misc maps
    • figure out how to make it glowier / make the eyeball firey? (If anyone has any tips on this please let me know)
  • Krios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is looking really awesome, keep it going!
  • Lychee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!

caPAzu5.jpg

fLUMRDm.pngBb7GQep.png

Here's some more progress. I'm not sure why the ingame sentry looks like it has the yellowish glow, but that only seems to happen sometimes. (I will double check one of my masks, its possible the self-illumination or lack there of is causing the problem)

Also, I'm still really stumped on getting particle/glow effects on the ward. Does anyone have any guides handy about adding particle effects? Or can anyone point me in the right direction? I've been googling around a ton but this post is the best thing I can come up with, but it doesn't help me get started.
  • salonicios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    salonicios polycounter lvl 4
    i am searching the same thing lychee,
    nice ward by the way.
    If you hear anything on how to add particle effects on wards plz let me know too,
    i use the same name in steam.