Home Dota 2

Need Help for creating Dota2items with Zbrush

im new to the world of 3D modelling and i wanted to make some items for Dota 2, for that i have some Questions:

1) I have photoshop, I use ZBrush 4R6 and I downloaded Xnormal, do i need other programs too, to make a finished item?

2) My big problem in finding a good tutorial to learn from is that most of them are using often other Programs than Zbrush and if they use its often a way older version of Z-Brush. This makes me crazy Im full of ideas but dont have the knowledge to bring it to reality :(

3) Is there someone reading this Thread who uses the same Tools like me who could help me getting started? If someone would help me i have more specific questions.

Kind Regards Laslo

Replies

• Gravedrinker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gravedrinker polycounter lvl 7
    Did you happen to find any resources regarding that? I'm in the same boat.
  • branch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Laslo wrote: »
    im new to the world of 3D modelling and i wanted to make some items for Dota 2, for that i have some Questions:

1) I have photoshop, I use ZBrush 4R6 and I downloaded Xnormal, do i need other programs too, to make a finished item?

2) My big problem in finding a good tutorial to learn from is that most of them are using often other Programs than Zbrush and if they use its often a way older version of Z-Brush. This makes me crazy Im full of ideas but dont have the knowledge to bring it to reality :(

3) Is there someone reading this Thread who uses the same Tools like me who could help me getting started? If someone would help me i have more specific questions.

Kind Regards Laslo

You will also need a "standard" 3d modeling software.
    You can try Blender (it's free). Other options are 3d studio max, maya, softimage...
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    You need a traditional modelling program too, something like Maya, 3DMax, Blender etc. These are what you will use to create the meshes and UV's for your finished item. Zbrush is a sculpting tool and while you can use it to create meshes I would recommend a more traditional application for someone starting out.

For learning Zbrush there are a multitude of videos and resources at the Resources link on this forum.

Dota 2 Workshop resources

You can see some livestreams there of people in the process of making items as well as written resources for several different applications. If you are looking for some external resources maybe check out sites like 3DMotive. They have purchasable tutorials for many different software packages and while they may not have something specific to Dota2 items they can be pretty useful.

https://www.3dmotive.com/library_guest

My recommendation, if you are new to 3D Modelling is to take the time to learn the processes of a modelling application first. It can be tempting to jump straight into Zbrush and start sculpting away but without a knowledge of the fundamentals you can get easily frustrated and defeated.

Good Luck!