Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M4 carbine

Replies

• fisher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you have how to make a video or a document giving some tips?
    I really like weapons modeling, but i have no idea how to start :/

Thanks and congratulations, awesome weapon!
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice!
    But for example there are some cool things you could do to make this look more cool in FP. For example, flip the front scope rail base to the left side. that way you would get that sweet clamp showing in FP instead of being hiden on the right side :)
  • ArtemSh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fisher, there is no magic here:) Just use standard highpoly modeling tips and tricks, there are lots of tutorials around. I'd suggest participating in the Weekly Hard Surface Challenge to get neccessary basics. And then some patience and you'll have it:)

Pedro Amorim, great catch! I guess I could actually use another reference for the base. Like this for example:
    f72e4283cfc497238d092fba6317d186.jpg
  • ArtemSh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all,

Reworked the front mount. Chose the model I mentioned in my post above, but had to change the middle part (the one with a lot of holes) to another version in order to fit this scope with the magnifier.

[SKETCHFAB]abc1234060fd4f329b33255fae908b8b[/SKETCHFAB]
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Is the whole Weapon+Attachements made in 3DSMAX or did you used MeshFusion/zBrush and then Retopo some Parts?
  • ArtemSh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu, it's Max only. I love keeping full control over my topology and basically try to make things as lowpoly before smoothing, as it is possible. This way I can make a low-poly really fast after a highpoly stage just by removing support edges that help to keep the shape on the highpoly model
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice! looks very cool. With the 2 diferent bases :)
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    ArtemSh wrote: »
    Gazu, it's Max only. I love keeping full control over my topology and basically try to make things as lowpoly before smoothing, as it is possible. This way I can make a low-poly really fast after a highpoly stage just by removing support edges that help to keep the shape on the highpoly model

Then you have some high skilled 3dsmax skills ^^
  • ArtemSh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

I've started making lowpoly and couldn't hold myself and try to texture at least 1 piece for PBR:) Here is what I've got so far:

gripimxdm.jpg

My goal for lowpoly is about 20-25k for the whole model and pixel density of 4k per meter. I'm planning to texture each part separately, so if I decide to make another part in the future (like another grip, or buttstock, or sight), I could easily replace it.

I haven't worked with minor parts here, just tried to get the overall feeling of a used plastic. What I still have to do is to work with dirt a bit more and make metallic ummm... screws a bit older and dirtier:)
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Curious how this will end :)