Home Technical Talk

Texture projection 3ds max

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Busterizer polycounter lvl 5
This right here looks like life saver, http://www.bendansie.com/BD_BlenderHumans.pdf too bad I don't use Blender.

What I want is to create head texture of the same quality like in pdf, but with different uv's.

Is this possible to do with 3ds max 2013? Are there any tutorials or links on how to do this with 3ds max?

Replies

• Busterizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i didn't read it my self since I know the workflow. I just scrolled down to what I needed.

What I want to know is - is there a way to project photo or any other image to the UV's and get it as a bake?

I have my UV's but painting the texture by hand takes time and is not even near the same quality. I tried photo manipulation but this also doesn't give the same result.
  • Busterizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Problem is that I don't have high quality camera, and I can't get good enough quality images to work with. That said I need to create head texture for a human character that is to be comparable in quality with the titles from somewhere around 2007. I can find various images that can help me create something that looks close enough in photoshop but it still takes quite some time to do, and might not work in all cases.