Home Artists Looking For Work

Request: Need Zombie Models and Textures for an Open World Zombie Survival FPS [PAID]

Hello, my name is David Tse and I am the CEO and Technical Director at Subsurface Games. We are working on a zombie survival fps set in a procedural open world called Survive and are in need of a lot of art. I am planning a kickstarter for the game right now and I still need a handful of zombie models and textures before it can be launched. You can see more about the game here: http://www.subsurfacegames.com/

I need someone to create the zombies that will make up the zombie horde for Survive. Because I want to maximize the variety of the horde while keeping memory, and content creation time to a minimum the zombie rendering system will mix and match various models and textures to make up the horde. The assets I need for this system are as follows:

x Male Zombie Head Models
x Male Zombie Body Models

Every head model would need to be interchangeable with every body model. All of the heads and bodies need to be rigged to a skeleton, but if you can't rig that's fine I can get someone else to do that. I also need a series of simple gradient textures for the tint variations of the skin and clothes. These gradients will be stored in 32x256 textures where each horizontal line is one gradient tint. I’ll talk more about the exact requirements and specifications for authoring the textures for the zombie horde system after we decide to work together on this. The style of these zombies will be standard humans that have been turned into zombies after getting infected. The zombies most closely resembling the zombies I want for Survive are the ones in walking dead and left 4 dead.

For each Body I need:
  • 1 Diffuse/Luminance texture
  • 1 Tint Map
  • 1 normal map
  • 1 gloss/roughness map
  • 1 specular map
  • 4 Blood Overlay Variations (1 channel each packed into one texture)

For each Head model I need x Texture variations and in each variation I need:
  • 1 Diffuse/Luminance
  • 1 normal map
  • 1 gloss/roughness map
  • 1 specular map
  • 4 Blood splatter Overlay Variations (1 channel each packed into one texture)

More Specifications:
  • Texture Sizes for bodies: 2048x2048
  • Texture Sizes for heads: 1024x1024
  • Total Poly Count for Head+Body: ~10,000
  • Target Platforms: PC with PS4 and Xbox One ports in the future.
  • Estimated Time Frame: 2-3 weeks, but this is not exactly a hard deadline.
  • Estimated Number of assets: The reason they are listed as X models or textures above is because the number will depend on estimated time of completion and cost. Ideally I would like 3 Head Models with 2-3 texture variations each and 3-4 body models.

If you are interested in creating the zombies for Survive please send me an email here: Contact@Subsurfacegames.com. Please include your estimate for the cost per body model and accompanying texture set, cost per head model, and cost per head texture variation. If you could also give an estimate on how long it will take per body/head/texture variation I would appreciate it because I would ideally like to do the kickstarter within the next few weeks.In your email please also include your portfolio preferably with human characters.

After the kickstarter I will have much more money for art and will be needing a ton of weapons, vehicles, modular environment assets, and props. So if you are not a character artists, but would still like to contribute to the game in the future please send me your portfolio anyway.

Thank You,
David Tse