Home Technical Talk

Add/change geometry to uvmapped model

michaelbas
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
michaelbas polycounter lvl 10
ive modeled a reception desk in 3dsmax, and ive added a uv unwrap modeifier and have fully uvmapped the model,
but my client has said certain parts of the models geometry needs adjusted and additional geometry added,
My question is will i have to delete the uv unwarp modifier from the stack, add geometry and uv map the whole model again or is there a way to keep the existing mapping co-ordinates and adjust the model? it took me a while to uv map the model and would hate to do the whole thing again

Replies

• Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    There's a preserve uv mapping button under Edit Geometry in the editable poly, but it doesn't work too well if you're adding geo. Like what Perna said the unwrap info is stored when you collapse your modifier stack. You can also physically save your unwrap when you have a UV modifier applied. Then load it after you've made the additions so only have to unwrap the changes you applied, but I don't think this would be any different then just unwrapping the additional parts of the model you added.
  • michaelbas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    michaelbas polycounter lvl 10
    cheers, thanks for the help