Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Grab Doc Problem

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
Every time i grab doc my alpha seems to be coming out as solid colors, im not really sure if i'm doing something wrong.

What i want to happen is it grabbing the noise info as well as the cracks i have in there as well

thanks

KWGHEvE.jpg

Replies

• Octo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Octo polycounter lvl 17
    Have you applied the noise to your mesh, or is the surface noise still active?
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yes, it seems im having the same problema ss this dude

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121024

the document is producing an extreme value which throws off the depth on everything

not sure what i can do
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    How did you do your texture and have you tried the MRGBGrabber brush(or whatever it's called...)?

Did you use multiple meshes in the 2.5d canvas? I've found that doing it that way without layers really screws up the depth and doesn't even capture anything, in my experience. Having a base layer for nothing or a reference image, then creating a new layer and adding the meshes has fixed my particular issue with getting the depth.

Also, have you tried the Seamless Texture plugin?
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i tried both the grabdoc and mrgbzgrabber, i actually have 2 layers currently in my zproject one has the underlaying noise where as the other has flat cracked plaster.

i was planning on trying to start with a base plane layer to see if that would fix my problem..

im not worried about the seams currently..