Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(UDK) Apartment

Strikerr
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Strikerr polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone decided to post my next project :)

I must say i really fell i love with the cryengine 3 wrecked apartment by Wiktor

Replies

• AndrewD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good so far. I really like the wood flooring but one thing I would mention is there appears to be a solid line of dark planks that make the tiling obvious. Especially in your top image. Try breaking it up a little with more colour variation. A solid start though, keep it up.
  • Strikerr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didnt have that much time this week unfortunately, hope i can make it up next week :)
    meanwhile some Cardboard boxes, a metal-shelf and some books & papers i've done, nothing too fancy :) They will help me alot later to create variety in the scene :)
    The metal shelf will need some more texture def ofc ;)
    wip1.jpg
    wip2.jpg
  • ToffeeApple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ToffeeApple polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Strikerr

I'm really liking this although for me the sofa is a little too red. Perhaps you could desaturate it a little - this may be a bit of personal taste though. Also I think the sofa legs should be their own material - perhaps a dark wood.
  • Strikerr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Strikerr

I'm really liking this although for me the sofa is a little too red. Perhaps you could desaturate it a little - this may be a bit of personal taste though. Also I think the sofa legs should be their own material - perhaps a dark wood.

Agree a bit less saturation will maybe make it look better s
  • Strikerr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry havent been able to update this thread because of studies unfortunatly :/
    Here is some updates, Just had to make some electronics and smaller detail props and also some cables ;)

cables.jpg
    table.jpg
    Edit:

forgot to mention the computer screen and tv ;)
    lamp.jpg
  • Brashen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brashen polycounter lvl 9
    Haha nice desk setup you gotu there. Look good so far. Really like the sofa sculpt im still trying to wrap my head around zbrush, but one day.