Home Dota 2

HELP!! Problems with Dota 2 files

Ok, first I want to say I am new to this forum. I was told, to import Dota 2 models, I should first use GCFScape to extract the files. Then, use StudioCompiler to decompile the model I want to use. So the dx.90 was changed to dx.80 I decompiled the SMD files to a random location and I was told to get an SMD importer. Unfortunately, I am a user of 3DS MAX 2014 Student version (the smd importer only works for versions 9/10/11/12) so I had no other option but to use Wallworm Tools. Along with many other tools, it came with SMD importer, and VMT (material) too. So i used it and this is what happened tinypic.com?ref=2i70jh2 The bones are out of place, I clearly don't know why and it would be appreciated if someone helped me out (or at least to rig it back to model)

Then I wanted to import the VMT files for the model. Of course, I found the VMT in the materials folder. Then when I used the materials file, THIS happened 169nclw.png
The model turned YELLOW. It didn't work out, so I used some TGA files found in the Dota2workshope website. I opened up material editor in 3DS max, opened the bitmap, then diffused it to another material 14b7pc6.png (Left one is the Bitmap, Right one is the diffused material) And when I applied the material to the model, the yellow model turned gray, but in rendering, I got the desired result. nf63if.png So again, my questions are: Why are the bones not rigged in the model? Why does model turn yellow when importing VMT file? Why, when I applied the texture to the Yellow anti-mage, it turned back to the default gray color?

I'M SORRY I'M A NOOB

Replies