Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bathroom Model - Update

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
TylerGreen polycounter lvl 5
Just an update of my bathroom model. Trying to make it look as realistic as I can. Any tips would be helpful. :P

EWzc44k.jpg

Real Images

Uasq926.jpg
7ugKexj.jpg

Replies

• Xsim1
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
    Really nice job! The textures are great. Perhaps I think that you could work a little bit more on the lighting of the scene.

Also, what is the weird brown wave reflection in the mirror?
  • Deathstick
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Is that a mental ray render? Or just a super-awesome game engine setup? It's getting hard to tell these days with reflection maps and physics-based material systems and what have you.
  • DWalker
    The window in the shower is a bit odd; I'd expect a window in there to be both smaller and higher.

The wall tiles look far too uniform. If you look closely at the concept, you can see that the grout is not razor sharp; there are minor variations along the grout/tile edge which you can achieve by changing the diffuse map for the tiles. The grout is also very rough, which a subtle noise in the normal map will give. These tiles are quite reflective, while the grout is matte. The tiles also appear rectangular rather than square, and have the wrong color.

Your ceramic pieces (sink, toilet & tub) seem far more reflective than the concept.