Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

first zbrush project "Medusa"

hi there,

this is my first zbrush project. the model was created in zbrush, rendered with bpr, some props were done in maya and post in photoshop.

comments and critiques are welcome.

yUxts46.jpg

fGRh6tf.png

4VnIZDk.jpg
uAG3Rfl.jpg

5wU9GJt.jpg

RBGeBnQ.jpg

Replies

• Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    Very cool idea. There are some really big anatomy problems though and I think you should have those locked down before you move on. I understand you are going for a look but the underlying fact is, all fantasy is based off of realistic things. The biggest problems are in the arms, shoulders and hands. Also the clavicle looks like a rope under the skin. The cheeks are further out then her eyebrow ridge. The bones are solid and do not lose their form.
    I would implore you to use reference for your sculpts. The snake body looks like an intestine the way it lumps about. Snake skeletons and muscle systems are very precise and powerful, and move in specific ways. The underbelly scales do not look like they would help facilitate movement. I think you have a good vision and when you have the fundamentals locked down you will be making some amazing things in the future. There are some really nice parts to this so build off that.