Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Battlestar Galactica - Colonial Viper Mk IV - Update

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
TylerGreen polycounter lvl 5
Update of my Viper Mk IV model, I made for a school project.

66xh.jpg

Replies

• Moosebish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moosebish polycounter lvl 12
    I think you could really push the spec and lighting on this. What are you using to render it out?

This model would also be a good candidate to show with Sketchfab or Verold.

It would be cool to have more micro detail on it too. More intricate cut lines and areas that would show how the ship is constructed, bolts rivets, hinges, etc.

The grunge you have on it is pretty general. For a cool space prop, I'd say either push the grunge like it just got out of battle. Or make it squeeky clean like its the prize of the fleet. Right now you're somewhere in between and it doesn't tell much of a story about the ship.

And if you really want to make this an awesome portfolio piece, maybe add some little props around it to spice up the turntable, just an idea though.

The shapes and silhouette look good, this guy definitely has a lot of potential.
  • TylerGreen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TylerGreen polycounter lvl 5
    Moosebish wrote: »
    I think you could really push the spec and lighting on this. What are you using to render it out?

This model would also be a good candidate to show with Sketchfab or Verold.

It would be cool to have more micro detail on it too. More intricate cut lines and areas that would show how the ship is constructed, bolts rivets, hinges, etc.

The grunge you have on it is pretty general. For a cool space prop, I'd say either push the grunge like it just got out of battle. Or make it squeeky clean like its the prize of the fleet. Right now you're somewhere in between and it doesn't tell much of a story about the ship.

And if you really want to make this an awesome portfolio piece, maybe add some little props around it to spice up the turntable, just an idea though.

The shapes and silhouette look good, this guy definitely has a lot of potential.

Thanks for the tips. We had to have it under 3000 polys for class, but i'll be adding some more detail soon.