Home General Discussion

A new section on Polycount?

StephenVyas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
From what I've seen, there are many talented artists who offer tutorials/workflows on how they've achieved their art within their thread.
Unfortunately, these glimpses into their workflow often get buried beneath that massive amounts of daily threads that pop up & often
times it's easy to forget where we saw it - Or even miss out on seeing it completely.

Personally, I'd love to see a section devoted to people who'd like to showcase how they achieved their Art.
It could grow and evolve into a pretty cool feature to have as a community

What do you think:icon_question:

Replies

• Dave Jr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    From what I've seen, there are many talented artists who offer tutorials/workflows on how they've achieved their art within their thread.
    Unfortunately, these glimpses into their workflow often get buried beneath that massive amounts of daily threads that pop up & often
    times it's easy to forget where we saw it - Or even miss out on seeing it completely.

Personally, I'd love to see a section devoted to people who'd like to showcase how they achieved their Art.
    It could grow and evolve into a pretty cool feature to have as a community

What do you think:icon_question:

I think a workflow/tutorial forum would be useful... again there is this Wiki for this though... but yes something like this could help in some cases....
  • aivanov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aivanov polycounter lvl 5
    If a section is too much, then there could one of those large stickied threads that compiles all such posts into a list. The downside would be the need for dedicated maintenance of the post by someone.
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    The wiki and Vertex cover alot of bases so a full section that may end up sparsely used wouldn't be worth it really.

We also have Technical chat's "how u model dem shapes" thread sticked up there offering advice on how to go about modeling, materials etc. So i think a mini forum specific workflows would be wasted space. Also who does content control to stop the millionth cardboard tree tutorial.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No need for a new section, if someone wants to post a new thread to outline a technique or tutorial it should be posted in Technical Talk.