Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gladiator

Hey everyone I'm working on a gladiator-type character. This is a rough finish of the low poly model. I also included the high poly sculpt. I intend to do a 1024 diffuse and 512 normal/spec. I am also thinking of giving the face its own 512 (or 256?), as well as another 512 for the sword & shield (not shown). There's still some clean-up work to be done, but I wanted to get any feedback from you guys before laying out uv's (especially topology). Thanks! :)

Replies

• Nosslak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nosslak polycounter lvl 12
    I think you should try to push the silhouette a bit more as it's not all that interesting at the moment.

In the highpoly the eyes look way too big but it's hard to tell as the picture is so small.

Topology wise it's decent. If it's just a game model that won't be tessalated you do not need to stick to mostly quads (it won't hurt you though). For the fingers you should try to make all the loops go all around the fingers to ensure the best deformations, as otherwise there is a risk of stretching otherwise.
  • DerekLeBrun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DerekLeBrun polycounter lvl 11
    His hips and ass are a bit too small, and that's probably what's contributing to the uninteresting silhouette. The skirt/belt should bulge to show the underlying anatomy instead of creating a long straight line from his thigh to his rib cage.