Home Dota 2

Phantom Assassin rune engraved weapon

this is a 600 poly model showing earlier prototypes. There was problems with the rear blade going in her back. the final model has fixed this problem. I am however stuck on how to do the particle effects on Blender using SMD or DMX formats. I have watched some tutorials but no joy. I'm now stuck any help would be very welcome:)

Please can you give me some feedback on the item cheers
ij6fREb.pngEdIVajd.pngkozg9Hk.pngeYbL7VC.pngyp06Axv.png6PDHCi9.pnguGJlacp.pngGRIpUja.jpg

Replies

• Tyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tyn polycounter lvl 10
    Hi! I'm really new at this, but here's some feedback anyway. I like the rune concept and the way the color transition from dark to light on the weapon.

It looks like you spent a pretty high number of polygons on the handle but you can't actually see that detail in game so you're probably better off simplifying the handle and spending them somewhere else.

The dark runes on the front of the blade come out quite decent in game, but the lighter ones are really too small to be seen properly.

Last of all, i'm not really feeling the curves/flow of the weapon. They sometimes seem a little sudden and unnatural.

Hope the feedback helps, goodluck with the weapon!
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja polycounter lvl 5
    pa's hand is only is not the big
    shorten the handle and make the blades bigger some the weapon would
    1)flow more and
    2)the runes would show out more in-game
  • reallymadmaveric
    thanks for the feedback I will look to amend the handle and use more polys on the curves and see how I can improve the runes
  • reallymadmaveric
    Cut out the fancy handle and used the polys to smooth out the curves. I stretched out the size of the blades repainted the lighter runes so they were larger. I am much happier with it now H0fFyjE.png
    2n7ZNns.jpgr7QzpTU.jpg