Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
wenglish polycounter lvl 11
hello,

was hoping you people could check out my portfolio and give me some feedback about it. here's the link:

http://deepfriedenterprises.com

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd lose the black background - a neutral gray or a complimentary gradient would be better.

The navigation buttons are blank rectangles in my browser (Firefox).

I'd expect more images for each object - different viewing angles, texture sheets, wireframes, etc. Also, the linked images aren't much larger than the ones on the main page.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Use your real name. We're hiring you, not your label or your persona, you. Also try to do this in your email address, a real name as opposed to a label or internet handle.

Where's your resume?
  • scmanol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely use your real name and a professional email, usually using your real name or initials. Your resume is also a large must.

Perhaps look into making a demo reel. Google up a few in the field that you wish to be hired into, and use that as a reference to make your own. Being able to see your models/textures in the engine with a full turntable really helps with the wow factor.

When you do your textures, do you start with say a 2k (2048x2048) sheet and downsize it to 1k (1024x1024) when you finish it?
  • wenglish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wenglish polycounter lvl 11
    thanks for the feedback! sorry im so late, i didnt realize anybody replied to this until just now (it went off the first page in just a few hours after i posted and i didn't think anyone actually read past the first page :) )

I've made quite a few changes, mainly resolution and replacing artwork that just didnt look good to me anymore (i changed the background to gray before reading this) and I just changed it to use my real name like you suggested.

@Dwalker, the linked images are 1920x1080, the ones on the main page are only 667x375 (at least as of now, its been awhile since i posted this) I have no idea why the navigation buttons are blank, i tested on every browser and they were fine. are they still broken on your firefox?

@jadeEyePanda, I dont really have a resume, i've only done a couple freelance gigs that weren't too impressive. I'm just hoping the work speaks for itself

@scmanol, a demo real is a good suggestion. hopefully i can put one together sometime. when i texture i definitely start 2k, sometimes 4k. why do you ask? (again, the linked images are probably larger than when this thread opened, if they looked blurry before)

portfolio is at the same place

http://deepfriedenterprises.com/index.html